National Advisory Board November Spotlight- Sue Padilla
November 3, 2017: Sue Padilla is the owner of MSPadilla Consulting, LLC and Co-owner of J29 Enterprises, LLC. She retired in 2013 as County Manager/Chief Executive Officer of Dona Ana County, Las Cruces, NM. Sue is a member of the Osage Nation and has served the public for 28 years in multiple areas including management and utilities and now provides management expertise to utility, government and private entities. Graduated from New Mexico State University in Agriculture Extension and Education and is a Certified Equal Employment Opportunity Commission Investigator. Sue is an active member in the St. Albert the Great Newman Parish. Sue is married to Elfigo (Fig) of 38 years and farm pecans where they reside in Las Cruces. They have one daughter, Hallie, who has shown on the AQHA circuit and the New Mexico State University Equestrian Team.
Question & Answer with Sue Padilla
- WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE HOBBY?
Cooking and Sewing
- IF YOU COULD SPEND A DAY WITH ANYONE, PAST OR PRESENT, WHO WOULD IT BE AND WHY?
Julia Child, I always found her funny and fascinating to watch in the kitchen
- IF YOU HAD TO CHOOSE ANOTHER CAREER, WHAT WOULD YOU WANT TO BE?
- IF YOU COULD BE A PROFESSIONAL ATHLETE IN ANY SPORT, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
- WHAT DO YOU THINK IS MOST IMPORTANT ABOUT COLLEGIATE ATHLETICS?
Athletics provides a balance with school & time to have fun. It promotes team work, sportsmanship and keeps fans involved- old and young.
- HOW DO YOU THINK THE SPORT OF EQUESTRIAN MOST BENEFITS YOUNG WOMEN?
Equestrian is so different from other sports. Most importantly it teaches them responsibility, these young women care for the animals and their equipment.
- HOW WOULD YOU DESCRIBE YOURSELF IN THREE WORDS?
Caring, Driven, Humorous
- WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE TRAIT IN A PERSON?
- WHERE DO YOU SEE YOURSELF IN 10 YEARS?
I am sure I will still be working and volunteering where ever I can.
- WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE VACATION SPOT?
- IF YOU COULD VISIT ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHERE WOULD YOU GO AND WHY?
Italy, the food and wine of course
- BEST GIFT YOU HAVE EVER RECEIVED?
- WHAT ONE ITEM IN YOUR WARDROBE BEST PERSONIFIES YOU?
- WHAT WAS THE LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED?
Jack Reacher Never Go Back
- WHAT WAS THE LAST BOOK YOU READ?
- WHAT IS YOUR BEST WAY TO DECOMPRESS?
- WHAT WOULD YOUR KID(S) SAY IS YOUR BEST DANCE MOVE?
Jitterbug or the splits
- RED OR WHITE? YEAR?
- WHAT IS YOUR MOST EMBARRASSING MOMENT?
When I missed the steps at my house and broke my foot
- DO YOU LACE RIGHT OR LEFT FIRST?
- FAVORITE FAMILY ACTIVITY, OUTSIDE OF EQUESTRIAN?
- FAVORITE FOOD?
- WHAT IS ONE OF YOUR PET PEEVES?
Dishwater left in the sink