Raegan Rast, TCU
Abigail Brayman, Oklahoma State
Sarah Miller, Oklahoma State
Hannah Mitchell, Oklahoma State
The final Big 12 Equestrian Riders of the Month have been announced as three from Oklahoma State and one from TCU earned recognition. Riders of the Month are selected by a vote from the coaches. Coaches are allowed to vote for their own riders.
OSU’s Abigail Brayman, Sarah Miller and Hannah Mitchell earned Equitation on the Flat, Horsemanship and Reining monthly honors, respectively. TCU’s Raegan Rast garnered the Equitation Over Fences Rider of the Month award.
This month’s award marks the second on the season for both Brayman and Mitchell, sixth all-time for the latter, and the first for Miller.
Equitation Over Fences Rider of the Month
Raegan Rast, TCU, So., Stilwell, Kan.
- Went undefeated last month, including at the Big 12 Championship.
- She won all of her points by an average of 8.5 points, as three of her four rides came on unfamiliar horses.
Equitation on the Flat Rider of the Month
Abigail Brayman, Oklahoma State, So., Charleston, R.I.
- Completed the month of March with a perfect 5-0 individual record.
- She garnered MOP honors at the 2019 Big 12 Championship as she completed a perfect 8-0 (4-0 in Flat, 4-0 in Fences) all-time record at Big 12 Championships.
Horsemanship Rider of the Month
Sarah Miller, Oklahoma State, Sr., Boulder, Colo.
- Finished the season winning 10 of her last 11 matchups, including two wins at the conference championship.
Reining Rider of the Month
Hannah Mitchell, Oklahoma State, Jr., Cuba, Mo.
- Set a regular-season high in points with 74 against Fresno State, as she gave OSU an 11-4 lead in the matchup en route to MOP honors.