WACO, Texas - The second installment of the Big 12 Riders of the Month were announced, as TCU takes three of the four this month, with Oklahoma State garnering one. OSU’s Hanah Janson was the lone winner for the Cowgirls, while Janelle Henningsen, Jamie Cook and Elena Hurd took home a monthly award for TCU.
The three Horned Frogs riders, Henningsen, Cook and Hurd, were voted the Equitation on the Flat, Horsemanship and Reining Riders of the Month. Janson was selected as the Equitation over Fences Rider of the Month.
For three of the four riders, this month’s awards mark the first all-time honors. Janson earned her second award in as many years.
Equitation over Fences Rider of the Month
Hannah Janson, Oklahoma State, Jr., Berkley, Mass.
- Set a new career high with an 89 against WTAMU as her point against TCU tied the meet at 2-2.
Equitation on the Flat Rider of the Month
Janelle Henningsen, TCU, Jr., Centennial, Colo.
- Earned a win and a tie in the month of November, remaining undefeated with a record of 1-0-1 in the month.
- Henningsen wrapped up the fall with an average score of 81.6.
Horsemanship Rider of the Month
Jamie Cook, TCU, Jr., Fort Collins, Colo.
- Cook won both of her points last month as she earned a 77 against Oklahoma State, to earn her second MOP in a row.
- She also won against #2 SMU scoring another high score of 73.5.
Reining Rider of the Month
Elena Hurd, TCU, So., Wilmington, Del.
- Hurd won both of her points in the month of November as she finished the fall campaign perfect, competing in all five meets for the Horned Frogs.
- She won her point in every meet, proving to be a staple for TCU in the western ring.