Gabrielle Fournier, Delaware St.
Ashton Alexander, Auburn
Abbi Demel, Baylor
Noel Meadows, UT Martin
WACO, Texas - The National Collegiate Equestrian Association announced its September Riders of the Month on Wednesday, October 3rd.
September's Equifit Equitation on the Flat Rider of the Month goes to Ashton Alexander of Auburn University. The senior went 2-0 this month while claiming one Most Oustanding Player award on the road against UT Martin. The Ocala, Florida native helped the Tigers sweep SEC opponent South Carolina at home with 76 points in her win.
Delaware State University rider Gabrielle Fournier takes the September Equifit Equitation Over Fences Rider of the Month award. The sophomore from Litchfield, Connecticut went 4-0 against ranked opponents this month, with all four victories coming in away and neutral site meets.
The Shorty's Horsemanship Rider of the Month is Abbi Demel of Baylor University. Returning to the team for her senior year, Demel was a NCEA Second-Team All-America rider, All Big 12 rider, and AQHA Collegiate Horsemanship Challenge Champion last season. The senior from Hoisington, Kansas earned 3 wins and 2 Most Outstanding Player honors during the debut meet for the team.
Noel Meadows of UT Martin takes the Shorty's Reining Rider of the Month. Last season, Meadows became the first rider in Skyhawk history to collect Ariat NCEA All-America honors in Reining while also nabbing the program's first-ever United Equestrian Conference Reining Freshman of the Year award. The sophomore from Staunton, Virginia is 4-0 on the season with one Most Outstanding Player honor.
Equifit Equitation On the Flat Rider of the Month: Ashton Alexander, Auburn
- Kicked off senior campaign with a perfect 2-0 mark in the event
- Her 86 points at then-No. 10 UT Martin was a meet high, giving her MOP honors
- Helped the Tigers sweep No. 9 South Carolina in the event with 76 points in her win
Equifit Equitation Over Fences Rider of the Month: Gabrielle Fournier, Delaware State
- Received the only fences point for DSU against ranked TCU and Baylor
- Has a winning record this season, remaining 4-0 in September, with all four victories coming in away and neutral site meets
- Went 3-0 at the Willis Invitational, while posting an average margin of victory of 22 points
Shorty's Horsemanship Rider of the Month: Abbi Demel, Baylor
- Earned 3 wins and 2 MOP honors during the debut meet for the team
- One of two athletes to earn the high score of the weekend (6 competitions) with a 76
Shorty's Reining Rider of the Month: Noel Meadows, UT Martin
- 4-0 on the season with one MOP
- Defeated 3 ranked opponents this month