WACO, TX- Sixteen collegiate equestrian riders have been chosen to participate in the 2017 American Quarter Horse Association Collegiate Horsemanship Challenge November 11-12, 2017 during the Lucas Oil AQHA World Championship Show in Oklahoma City, OK.
The preliminaries will take place on November 11 with a slated start time of 12:30pm, with the finals on November 12 at a slated start time of 7:00pm.
“The NCEA is delighted to send eight high achieving competitors to AQHA’s Collegiate Horsemanship Challenge. We are grateful that these athletes are representing the NCEA at such a prestigious event. On behalf of all coaches and riders we thank the AQHA, the generous horse donors, and the class sponsors for this opportunity. We are looking forward to a great weekend of competition in Oklahoma City.” -Haley Schoolfield, Director of Equestrian at Texas Christian University.
The student-athlete riders representing National Collegiate Equestrian Association institutions were selected for the AQHA Collegiate Horsemanship Challenge based on their win-loss percentages by the NCEA selection committee.
- Payton Anderson, University of Georgia
- Kirsten Chamberland, Oklahoma State University
- Abbi Demel, Baylor University
- Kara Kaufmann, Auburn University
- Ashley Mauney, Southern Methodist University
- Josie Mootz, Texas Christian University
- Maddie Thiel, University of South Carolina
- Rachel Williams, Fresno State
The following collegiate riders representing Intercollegiate Horse Show Association institutions in the AQHA Collegiate Horsemanship Challenge are as follows:
- Brittany Abernathy, Northeastern Oklahoma A&M
- Kinsey Ayres, Black Hawk College
- Elizabeth Ellis, Berry College
- Margherita Guerra, University of California Davis
- Mark Mowbray, St. Andrews University
- Taylor Overmier, The Ohio State University
- Marissa Phillips, University of Findlay
- Hayley Ruffner, Alfred University
The free live stream, presented by Bank of America, of the finals will be available via the following link: https://www.aqha.com/shows/world-show/stream/norick-arena/